IBC World News

Ashoka alleges Congress shielding Nagendra, vows continued protest

CH NEWS
BENGALURU

Opposition Leader R. Ashoka on Thursday alleged that the Congress high command was protecting Minister B. Nagendra and refusing to accept his resignation because of alleged financial dealings.

Speaking to reporters after the Assembly proceedings, Ashoka claimed the government was deliberately wasting the House’s time by refusing to discuss key public issues. He said drought, Bidadi Township, the KPSC scam, the NICE dispute and ration-card cuts needed detailed discussion in the Assembly.

Ashoka alleged that the Congress high command had received money from Nagendra and had consequently allowed him to continue as a minister. He further claimed that large sums had been paid for Cabinet formation.

Ashoka alleged that the government had failed to declare drought or provide adequate relief despite the passage of considerable time. He warned that public anger would eventually affect the Congress.

He said the Opposition would intensify its agitation and would continue raising issues concerning corruption and governance in the Assembly. As part of the protest, the Opposition plans to offer a garland to the Valmiki statue on Friday and launch a major agitation.

Ashoka said the Opposition would continue its campaign until the government addressed its demands and, he alleged, the “corrupt” administration was removed.

Exit mobile version